Sunday, May 29, 2011

Thank Goodness That Series is Over (Collmenter vs Happ)

Good news is that the Diamondbacks are in first place in the NL West, overtaking the Giants.  Bad news is that the Diamondbacks swept the Astros to get there.  J.A. Happ pitched a great game.  In fact, I dare say that he was the player of the game for the Astros.  He didn't just pitch a great game, but he homered for the first time in his MLB life in the fifth inning to give the Astros a 2-0 lead.  But, once Happ sat down to let the bullpin finish it up, they couldn't hold onto the lead.  Really and honestly, why put Fulchino in again to face a team that loves him?
Personal note:  I cut myself while cutting up an onion for tonight's dinner and I put on one of Audrey's princess bandaids for lack of finding any others.  Trent finds me right before bedtime and looks at me weird.  Then he asks me, "Why you wear Audrey bandaid, Daddy?"  Yep, I laughed.  It made my day.

No comments:

Post a Comment