Saturday, July 30, 2011

Getting back into it (Happ vs Gallardo)

I've areally kind off missed blogging.  I can't believe that I'm admitting it, yet it's true.  A lot has happened since the last time I wrote, but with my Astros, it's been basically the same old story.
Let's start with today.  We're visiting the top ranked, Central leading Brewers and our timing could not have been any worse.  We scored a total of 2 runs.  One run was an RBI in the 6th by SS Sanchez.  Sanchez is currently batting .253, which is not bad, but could and should be better.  Our second and last run came in the 8th when PH Martinez RBI doubled to score Quintero.  Martinez is literally batting 1.00 this year.
As for the pitching, there really is no excuse.  I now know why the Phillies wanted to get rid of Happ.  Happ is now 4-13 on the season.  Today he allowed 5 runs in 5 innings.  2 of those were his fault.  Basically, the Astros lose another one 2-6 and are now a lovely 35-70. 
Yesterday the Astros traded Hunter Pence to the Phillies as our last straw.  Baby Bree is doing fantastic and I'm pooped.

No comments:

Post a Comment