Sunday, June 12, 2011

Myers, Myers, Myers (Hanson vs Myers)

Once again, it started out all wrong.  Schafer reaches on an infield single, steals to second, and then Uggla homers to left field.  At that point, I wished I turned it off.  Hoping the the baseball Gods will have a little pitty on the Astros was in vane.  The Astros offense didn't show up until the sixth inning when Carlos Lee RBI doubled which scored Downs.  However, that was it.  With McCann's 2 run homer earlier in the sixth the Astros offense could find anything. 
Myers, however, was definitely not on any type of ball whatsoever.  Now 2-6 for the season, today he allowed 5 hits, 4 runs, 2 homeruns, and only struckout 6 in 7 innings.  The opposing pitcher, Hanson, struck out a career record 14 batters he faced.  This is not helping me build confidence.  This is one of many reasons why I believe that we have a problem in Houston.

Personal note:  Still no baby.  My friend Glenn is thinking that he will have a series sweep. I'm thinking that he may be right.

No comments:

Post a Comment